The saithe is a species of marine fish in the Pollachius genus. Together with Pollachius pollachius, it is generally referred to in the United States as pollock. Other names include the Boston blue, coalfish/coley, and saithe in the UK, where the young fish are called podleys in Scotland and northern England. This species can be separated from P. pollachius by looking at the relative lengths of the upper and lower jaws. P. pollachius has a longer underslung lower jaw while P. virens has approximately equal upper and lower jaw lengths. This gives a very different profile to the head. In general, P. pollachius is a brown or golden colour with a dark back while P. virens is bright silver with a very dark green back. P. virens generally appears to have relatively smaller eyes.
Its rich fishy flavour makes the saithe ideal for spicy dishes and dishes with strong and full flavours. Saithe is easy to deep fry and is one of the best fish to use for fishcakes and croquettes. Saithe is often overlooked due to the darker colour of its raw flesh, even though it becomes lighter after cooking. If you are looking to buy in bulk or any quantity for consumption, then we are here to give you the best
Benefits to human
1. Many people believe that this Fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins.
2. The Saithe Fish has low levels of cholesterol.
3. The Fish contains moderate amounts of protein, vitamins, and minerals such as phosphorus, selenium, vitamin B12, and calcium.
4. Saithe also has a healthy balance of omega-6 and omega-3 fats.
5. The Saithe is also a good source of Vitamin D and B6.
6. The Saithe has a low sodium content and contains some potassium, manganese, and magnesium in smaller amounts.